Tuesday, November 29, 2011

SD Wing EW Progess...or lack of progress...

It's been going very slow on the paint for this kit. Since it's an SD there is no parts/color separation and I've had to mask all this tiny pits. I've learned a lot about workflow and airbrush to paint thinning to air pressure ratios. seems to be a very delicate formula and getting it right means making lots of mistakes.

Each section presents it own challenges and I've gone back and forth on how to handle them. I've hand painted some parts only to strip them and start over and i've had paint come off after pulling up the low tack tamiya masking tape. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I am making a bit of progress and hope to have this finished in the next few weeks if the weather stays warm and dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment